The relocation of Afghan families into communities across the United States has created an opportunity for each of us to stand up and assist people in need. Nearly all Afghan families are arriving here with only the clothes on their backs, so the needs are immense.
Wisconsin Academy has volunteered to be a Donation Center, working with Team Rubicon to help donated items reach Afghan families. Your generosity and support are greatly appreciated!
Beginning last week, from 5pm-7pm, students groups of students from our recently-formed Sabbath School classes have been in the gym parking lot accepting donations. There are a few more days remaining:
- Thursday, September 16
- Friday, September 17
Only NEW donated items will be accepted. For your gently used donations, please contact your local Goodwill, Salvation Army, or thrift stores to put these items to best use.
Clothing (bulk items accepted): **Summer / Fall clothes only, no Winter clothes at this time**
- Men’s – unbranded, modest clothing like shirts, pants, socks, shoes, under garments in various sizes
- Women’s – unbranded, modest long-sleeve crew neck shirts, long pants, socks, shoes, under garments to remain culturally appropriate in various sizes
- Children’s – mirror gender appropriate recommendations above in all age ranges and sizes
Child-specific items (some bulk items accepted)
- Diapers of assorted sizes
- Baby Shampoo
- Baby Lotion
- Formula / Bottles
- Blankets / Swaddles
Food / Water (individually packaged wherever possible):
- Shelf stable and ready-to-eat foods with minimal preparation requirements
- Bottled Water
- Water-soluble electrolyte, hydration, and vitamin powders/liquids
Hygiene (individually packaged):
- Bars of soap (no liquid soap)
- Shower Shoes
Misc (all unbranded or minimally branded)
- Bedding to include pillows and warm blankets
- Reusable, durable water bottles
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Bug Spray
Thank you again for your generous support!